THE ARTY PARTY
Produced in collaboration with 100 Wonder Place.
The Arty Parties were free one day multi-arts children’s festivals that ran in 2015 and 2016 in Lismore and were attended by over 5000 people over the two events.
- Connecto Projecto – a durational performance & interactive cubbyhouse construction using bamboo & lycra
- Lyrical Landing – a workshop space for music, dancing, body percussion, singing.
- Paper Caper – a marquee decorated with drawable surfaces run by artist performers who led drawing games & paper art making.
- Play Space – games, obstacle courses and circus workshops. Facilitated by The Lollipop ladies from Roundabout Theatre, and Spaghetti Circus teachers.
- Playdough Kitchen and Restaurant – 50 kilos of colourful dough – pots, pans, cutters, cake tins, platters, plates, forks, spoons. Led by two ‘head chef ‘ performers.
- Knitting Nancies – led by the CWA, Knitting Nannas and The Yarn Guerillas, creating strong intergenerational connections through the passing down of craft techniques.
- Book Nooks – little quiet reading cubbies, with books, blankets, cushions and cuddly toys.
- Joining the venues were activities, such as, hopscotch, dress up boxes, pavement chalk drawing.
- ‘Colours’ – a live theatre show by Roundabout Theatre.
The Lismore Regional Gallery, Lismore City Council, The Environment Centre, The CWA, The Knitting Nannas, and Yarn Guerillas, Lismore TAFE NSW Lismore, SCU live Ideas.
Funding was received from Country Arts Support, Regional Arts NSW and Lismore City Council.